Recommended Data Source

Is there any recommendation on what data source to use in terms of getting the fastest sync?
I originally created an app using Google Sheets as the data source, then moved on to using both Google Sheets as well as an excel file in Dropbox and it seems to me that using Gsheets as the source alone is noticeably faster.

Solved Solved
0 5 693
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BakMunSu
It totally relates with your datasize, your use of Virtual Columns and table relationships actually. For sure SQL will be the fastest, but for spreadsheet I may advise using Google Sheets.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@BakMunSu
It totally relates with your datasize, your use of Virtual Columns and table relationships actually. For sure SQL will be the fastest, but for spreadsheet I may advise using Google Sheets.

Thank you for your reply. So would refraining from using virtual columns help too?

Yes, VCs can take a lot more time than loading data from a sheet. You have to look at the Performance Profile in Manage > Monitor to study which VCs are taking too much time.

From what Iโ€™ve heard and read, similar to the above.

SQL is fastest and allows the highest amount of data

Google Sheets is the next fastest but you can only have 2millions cells per spreadsheet though you can join 2 or more together

Agreed - quick clarification though, Google recently updated the max cell limit in Sheets to 5 million: https://www.tillerhq.com/5-million-cell-limit-in-google-sheets-now-available/

Top Labels in this Space