Ref Is a part - How does it work (with apps script)?

I update frequently a google sheet with customers from our economy system with apps script.

I have another sheet with service points that use the unique customer number as a reference.

I download every customer, each time. My question is, does "Is a part of" only get deleted if you remove a customer in Appsheet, or does it also get deleted if by chance appsheet notices empty data when i run the apps script?

Solved Solved
0 3 130
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If understanding of your question is correct- do the "IsPartOf" children record get deleted when the corresponding parent record is deleted  b ut not from within AppSheet app but it is deleted externally -say manually or through Apps Scipt.

Since the question is interesting , tried to run a quick test.  A quick testing showed that AppSheet does not delete children records if the parent record is deleted manually outside the app. The corresponding "IsPartOf" children records continue to appear as "orphaned" records. I believe the pattern will be same for AppS Script deleted parent records as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unless there is a setting I am missing, the deletion of a parent record does not delete its children if performed at the underlying data store as far as I have tried...

If understanding of your question is correct- do the "IsPartOf" children record get deleted when the corresponding parent record is deleted  b ut not from within AppSheet app but it is deleted externally -say manually or through Apps Scipt.

Since the question is interesting , tried to run a quick test.  A quick testing showed that AppSheet does not delete children records if the parent record is deleted manually outside the app. The corresponding "IsPartOf" children records continue to appear as "orphaned" records. I believe the pattern will be same for AppS Script deleted parent records as well.

@TeeSee1 @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Thank you both for your answer! I marked Suvrutt_Gurjar answer as solved, because his answer was more elaborate.

Top Labels in this Space