Ref Issues

1 - Can I group refs? - Case Scenario, I want to group some ref entries, and when I open the Group ref, I see a list of ref entries grouped under it

2 - Many to many - Can column A and B in Tab 1, ref to Column A and B in Tab 2 respectively (I want to have Category and sub category in Tab 1 and the products (with category and sub category columns) to classify in Tab 2)

0 5 538
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
  1. Ref-type columns can be grouped just as can columns of any other type.

2. A table may contain as many Ref-type columns as you care to give it.

Case example,
I have Painters (Group), and painter 1 (Sub group), painter 2 (Sub group), painter 3 (Sub group), etc - all in the ref column. Now, When I click Painters entry, I should see a list of all the 3 painters. Same will apply to the other Group Values in the column.

Iโ€™m not clear on what you meanโ€ฆI think you mean you want the user to choose a group, then see and be able to choose from only the members of that particular group. Is that understanding correct?

Yes, Partially correct. But I want to view the members of that group such that I can easily create an inline view(charts, deck etc) of the members of that particular group

A column with an app formula that gathers the list of painter Refs according to the userโ€™s group choice should give you what you want.

Top Labels in this Space