Ref/List - Returning actual value into Data Entry Table not just row #

I currently have a user list which constantly changes daily. Currently my app sheet is linked to a google sheet and utilized as a data entry application. I currently have two tables: 

1. Data_Entry (this is where my form is stored)

2. User_List

I've tried using the ref/list method, where on the Data_Entry table: I am setting up a column type 'Ref' looking at the other table (User_List). On the User_List table I have setup a virtual column for 'List'  which REF_ROWS back to the Data_Entry table.

Everything works great when previewing the application. When filling out forms, the user field does generate a drop down with refernece to the User_list table. However, when I look back at the Google Sheet (for the Data_Entry table) I notice in the cell where I'm supposed to have the User in the physical cell is just returning a row # (referring back to the User_List).  

How do I get the Data_Entry table field to return not the row# but the actual value found from the User_List table?

0 1 95
1 REPLY 1

I think you are using the row number as the key column in your user_list table. Use a better key.
In any case, you will save the key, not the user data. This is some of the basics of database normalization rules

Top Labels in this Space