Ref Rows not showing the actual value in child table

The ref values in child table are not reflecting correctly and it shows a random number/id instead of actual value, I have vehicle number in parent table  which i want to link with child table.
Example :vehicle number- IN-0099, but child table shows me vehicle number as 92c69012, attaching screenshot below.

Can anyone please help to solve this?

Parent table response:
syed1524_0-1711643524904.png

Child table response:

syed1524_2-1711643615628.png

0 5 73
5 REPLIES 5

The child table is showing the unique ID from the parent table since it is your key column. If you make the Vehicle number in the parent table the label, it will show the vehicle number in the app, but the value will be the unique ID since it is the key. For example, in the following the station ID is the key and station is the label. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 11.32.25 AM.png

You can always use a lookup column to display the vehicle number in your database/spreadsheet if you need to see this info there. 

Hi lynchk 

Thank you for the response, I require to show the vehicle number in-app in order to record MAT-BAT for each vehicle getting dispatched, hence linking in sheets will not suffice the requirement, hence request you to suggest some other solve.

As I said, if you use the [vehicle number] as the 'label' for your parent table, it will show in the app, so you will be able to record your MAT-BAT for each vehicle. 

If you need data other than your 'label' or 'key' column, you can then use a simple reference. i.e. [parent key.column].[other column]

As the other commenter mentioned, a screenshot of you Appsheet editor table structures would allow us to provide you with more detail if you don't know what I am talking about

It would be helpful to see how the two tables and the columns in question are configured. Please provide some screenshots detailing the matter.

Hi, let me know if below details are incomplete and also confirm if you want screenshots from app.

The ref values in child table are not reflecting correctly and it shows a random number/id instead of actual value, 
I have vehicle number in parent table  which i want to link with child table.
Example :vehicle number- IN-0099, but child table shows me vehicle number as 92c69012, attaching screenshot below.

Can anyone please help to solve this?

Parent table response:

syed1524_0-1711980583480.png

Child table response:

syed1524_1-1711980583552.png

Top Labels in this Space