Refer to a particular cell

Just a simple requirement, but i couldnโ€™t find it. How can we refer to a particular cell in the sheet in appsheet. Like in GSheet we refer by Column and Row Number to refer to a cell (e.g. A25). Similarly how can it be done in Appsheet. Is there something like [Column].[Row]

Presently I use any(select(Table[Column],[KeyColumn]=โ€œxxxxโ€)) but there should be some simple method to do this like [xxxx].[Column]. But I am going wrong somewhere.

0 7 772
7 REPLIES 7

If you could elaborate on why you are looking for such a reference to a specific cell, the community could probably help you.

May we know if you wish to always refer to only a specific cell in a table or it can be any cell in the table at different times. Meaning are you looking for a way of accessing any cell in an easier manner than using a SELCET() or always some specific cell in an easier manner?

A much simpler and clearer explanation of my question. Sorry for my poor explanation. This was exactly what I was looking for. I know the Column and Row of a required cell, but i didnโ€™t find any direct way to get the value of that cell. Had to use multiple expressions like ANY, SELECT for that.

Oh okay, thank you. As @Steve has shared, under certain use cases, dereference expressions could help you if you have referencing between tables in place.

In general, I believe for finding a cell within a table for use in other expressions, you will need to use SELECT() and ANY() in AppSheet.

In a single row slice such as the one created on a users table with [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL() , one could use a bit simpler expression such as ANY(Slice Name[Column Name])

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks for the reply @Steve. I had already gone through those articles. But i couldnโ€™t understand a way to get the content of a particular cell in a table without any reference. My table is not having any reference to other tables. May be my understanding of dereference article is not complete. Correct me if i went wrong somewhere.

Remember, AppSheet is not a spreadsheet, even though it can use them. There is no AppSheet analog to spreadsheet cell addressing.

Thank you @Steve. I thought i was missing out some simple solution already available. That was the reason i posted the question. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Labels in this Space