Reference Image Column from another sheet

Hi all

I have an image column in 'Sheet B' that needs to be mirrored in a column in 'Sheet A', based on the key column.

I have a column in Sheet B that is a Key in for each row where it obviously links info into Sheet A. I used REF type columns in Sheet A to bring in other info from other columns from Sheet B, no problem. E.g [KeyInSheetA.ColumnInSheetB]

However, it won't let me REF the image column in Sheet B, into Sheet A. It says it doesn't match the expected column type of REF. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Solved Solved
0 3 242
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out. Quite a tough workaround.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Figured it out. Quite a tough workaround.

[ref column to table B].[image column of table B] should have worked just fine. I'm curious what your "tough workaround" was.

That did not "work just fine" unfortunately, hence my post explaining what the error was when trying to do exactly that.

I ended up creating another column which concatenated the file path (on the sheet) of the image (that's produced after it's uploaded) + a load of other stuff that actually doubled up to allow me to make the image a URL link within the sheet itself.

I abandoned the ref, even though I found a way to work around it, because it required a 'push' sync, and I needed the data actively mirrored. Furthermore, force sync expressions don't work on forms accessed through a ref list that return back to the first form, if that makes sense.

Either way, I've abandoned the idea and taken a different approach.

Top Labels in this Space