Reference Not Working, Weird

I have an app containing a table for entering food tracking data.  I then have a table for commenting on those entries.  I have a ref to the food tracking table from the comments table.  Appsheet generated a virtual column for related comments in the food tracking table.  But when I add a comment, no reference ID is created in the comments table.  In the app, any comments left on any food tracking table entry appear in all food tracking table entries.  

I copied my app and have been messing with it all day and can't figure out why it won't work.  The only thing I have discovered is that if I use the form ux for the comments table, the ref column appears with a drop down menu of the dates of the food data entries.  If I select one of those drop down options, then the app does create a ref number and the comment appears only for the appropriate food tracking entry (the once corresponding to the date chosen).  Which of course makes no sense to me.  

Can anyone explain what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Tony

0 4 208
4 REPLIES 4

Please show us the configuration of columns in your two tables. Thank you.

Are you click on "Add" on the subtable or are you using an action to create a subtable record?

Hi im experiencing the same thing!

When I first inputted the data, the Referencing ID seems to be captured.

But give it some time, it just disappears. And it wasnt captured even in Excel.

Ive deleted, redid it again, over and over again. Its not working!

Its really driving me crazy!

Have you solved this by any chance?

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space