Reference and Filtering Results for Drop Down

Hello!

I am attempting to separate and clean up one of my client’s apps and am at a stand still. Referencing things in AppSheet has always been such a mystery to me, and am looking for some help.

I am trying to separate the first and last names for donors, if they are individuals. If it is a business, it remains in one column. I’ve done the back-end work on Google Sheets already, separating the entries that needed fixing. Now I am just fixing the App in order for it to reflect the changes.

One issue I am running into is trying to have the drop down menu auto-populate the _ComputedName and fill in the “Individual Last Name” column automatically. Either this would work, or have the drop down filter last name results based upon the “First Name” drop-down selection (to only display last names with the first names as selected). Currently both dropdown boxes are attempting to reference the same information (first name) only, and am not having any luck getting either Ref dropdown to change information.

Since I can only upload one image here, this is a shot of the contributions column section.

Thank you!

0 2 872
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Currently, the Contributor column is marked as the row label. Disable LABEL? for Contributor and enable it on the column whose values you want in the drop-down menu (_ComputedName?).

I’d like to be able to select both values - the computed name is the result of an automatic virtual column generation as a result of the new spreadsheet formatting. I should mention; the “Contributions” is a separate sheet under the same workbook in Google Sheets. So, the App is pulling and referencing data from a different table, which is why the first name/business column is a “Ref” type.

Top Labels in this Space