Reference master data in external AppSheet

I would like to reference master data in AppSheet.

The simplified image of the database is as follows:

App Alpha: Human Resources

• Alpha-1: Employee Sheet
  • Alpha-2: Salary Calculation Sheet

App Beta: IT

• Beta-1: Employee Sheet (same as Alpha-1)
  • Beta-2: Asset Sheet

I want to use common data in the "Employee Sheet" between these two apps. Specifically, I would like to know how to set up the Beta-1 data in App Beta.

It's difficult to integrate the Alpha and Beta apps.

The "Employee Sheet" is managed by the Human Resources department and is updated sequentially.

In App Beta(Managed by IT department) as well, we would like to utilize the latest updated information.

According to the help documentation, it was mentioned that data from external apps cannot be used.

Additionally, even if I use the IMPORTRANGE function to display Alpha-1 data in Beta-1, it seems that it cannot be utilized in AppSheet.

In this situation, please guide me on how to use a common master table in both apps.

0 6 175
6 REPLIES 6

You can create Beta-1 in App Beta directly from the gSheet used to create Alpha-1 in App Alpha.

There is nothing that prevents you from using multiple gSheets in on App and also re-using gSheets in different Apps.

Thank you but I cannot understand what "create directly".

I would like to add some explanation. (added on original post)

The "Employee Sheet" is managed by the Human Resources department and is updated sequentially.

In App Beta(Managed by IT department) as well, we would like to utilize the latest updated information.

Just choose the HR managed gSheet as the source of your table in App Beta.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106665?hl=en&ref_topic=10102046&sjid=109171863526222232...

Thanks your update.

I have a question, the original date (in my case, Employee sheet managed by HR dept) should be public?

The owner of the App Beta should have access to it.

Thank you for detail explanation.

I will follow your instructions.

Top Labels in this Space