Reference rows in different table in Notification Body

Hy,

In a Task Management app, I made a workflow, sending a notification to the Responsible person, when the task Status is changed to Urgent.

But I have two problems:

1. In the body of the notification, I can reference names from rows using << >>. So I can reference the name of the Task. But I also want to reference the name of the Project. However, in the Task Table to which the workflow is applied, the Project column is present by itโ€™s Unique ID, not by itโ€™s actual name (which is present in a diferent Table - the Project Table).
Is there a way to reference the Project name from itโ€™s table, using the Project ID from the Task Table? In other words, can I use a LookUp formula within << >> ? Or is there another workaround for this?

2. I would like to be able to get a notification, only when the Priority of the Task is changed to Urgent. Just once, when I make just this Update

But I canโ€™t figure out this option. What I did was choose to get notification on Updates Only and made the condition - if the Priority is Urgent. And it send a notification when I make the change, but then it sends notifications anytime I make any other update to the task, because the Priority condition is still checked as it is still urgent. So if I change the Due Date, I get another notification that the task has changed to Urgent.

Any ideas here?
Thank you

I didnโ€™t know if two make two posts or just one โ€ฆ I went with just one as they are on the same โ€ฆ page. Let me know if it would be better to break it into two for Forum cleanliness.

Solved Solved
0 5 659
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yes, you can use just about any expression inside << ... >>.

In your workflowโ€™s If this is true expression:

AND(
  ([_THISROW_AFTER].[Priority] = "Urgent"),
  ([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Priority] <> "Urgent")
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yes, you can use just about any expression inside << ... >>.

In your workflowโ€™s If this is true expression:

AND(
)

The formula error says:

Condition AND(([Treabฤƒ - ID].[Prioritate] = โ€œUrgentโ€)) has an invalid structure: at least 2 subexpression(s) required

Whoops! My Bad! Missing a comma:

AND(
)

Fixed in my original reply, too.

Worked perfectly, both suggestions
Thank you so much @Steve

If you could edit the coma in your first post to mark it as solution and not contain any errors, that would be great if anyone else will use the advice.

This one worked

Top Labels in this Space