Reference two tables from one column and virtual column

I have a Product column from which I’m referencing a table, Product Info 2
I’ve added a virtual column, Product Image ref, which takes the value from the Product column and then references another table, Product image url.csv

When I save it works on the emulator and in the app on another device, but when I go into the Product Image ref column it gas changed to reference Product Info 2.
Then if I save again I get the error, Unable to find column.

I’m sure I’ve done virtual ref columns using values from other Ref columns before.
Is this s new bug?

Solved Solved
0 6 742
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, Product image url.csv in is the tables.
I’ve got round it by making a virtual column, Product Text, as type Text using the value from the Product column.
Then another virtual column type Ref taking the value from the Product Text column.

This way the Ref table stays as I want it.

It seems that if a virtual column is a Ref and it just uses the value of a column which is also Ref it wants it to match the table as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I doubt it, but tough to say without seeing the details of your virtual column, at least.

Here is the virtual column details

I save it like that, but then the source table changes after I’ve saved it
I made a video of it happening, which might clarify

Please post the configuration displayed when you click View Definition:

3X_d_e_de51ffc241f2be3550f14669ce9ef4e24899dcca.png

Nothing shows when I click that

In Data > Tables, does there exist a table name Product Image url.csv? If not, is there a slice of that name in Data > Slices?

Yes, Product image url.csv in is the tables.
I’ve got round it by making a virtual column, Product Text, as type Text using the value from the Product column.
Then another virtual column type Ref taking the value from the Product Text column.

This way the Ref table stays as I want it.

It seems that if a virtual column is a Ref and it just uses the value of a column which is also Ref it wants it to match the table as well.

Top Labels in this Space