Reference value added incorrectly

Hello

Im experiencing an issue with two referenced columns and is that I have them to choose from a list of values from a referenced table but the result or data added to the row is the key value instead of the label value the one selected from the reference.

What can I do to fix it. everything seems ok in the set up for me. any ideas that I should check about?

0 7 452
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The behavior you’re experiencing is the proper/expected behavior.

There may be something missing because I have another column with a reference where the data it drops is exacly the one selected from the list of values instead of the key value.- so the one labeled

In that case, I would suspect the key column, label column, and the column you wanted were all the same column.

I saw your point and checked.-- Is there a way I can get the reference value instead of the key with a reference? or is the only way with a dereference?

So you want the user to be able to choose from a list of references, the references should be identified by their label (as normal), and you want to record a different column value from the chosen reference? I can’t think of a way to achieve that without storing both the chosen reference and the dereferenced value.

I can imagine the situation where you ask the user to choose a product (by name), but it’s the product’s price that you actually want recorded.

thank I see I going to need to store both data key and label in order to get the label referenced value from the table.

If it’s just the label you want, you can use a Valid_If expression to offer the user those values to choose from. So rather than choosing a reference identified by the label, they’ll choose the label value directly.

Top Labels in this Space