Reference value added incorrectly

Hello

Im experiencing an issue with two referenced columns and is that I have them to choose from a list of values from a referenced table but the result or data added to the row is the key value instead of the label value the one selected from the reference.

What can I do to fix it. everything seems ok in the set up for me. any ideas that I should check about?

0 7 453
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The behavior youโ€™re experiencing is the proper/expected behavior.

There may be something missing because I have another column with a reference where the data it drops is exacly the one selected from the list of values instead of the key value.- so the one labeled

In that case, I would suspect the key column, label column, and the column you wanted were all the same column.

I saw your point and checked.-- Is there a way I can get the reference value instead of the key with a reference? or is the only way with a dereference?

So you want the user to be able to choose from a list of references, the references should be identified by their label (as normal), and you want to record a different column value from the chosen reference? I canโ€™t think of a way to achieve that without storing both the chosen reference and the dereferenced value.

I can imagine the situation where you ask the user to choose a product (by name), but itโ€™s the productโ€™s price that you actually want recorded.

thank I see I going to need to store both data key and label in order to get the label referenced value from the table.

If itโ€™s just the label you want, you can use a Valid_If expression to offer the user those values to choose from. So rather than choosing a reference identified by the label, theyโ€™ll choose the label value directly.

Top Labels in this Space