Referencing QuickEdit Table to Achieve Conditional Logic

Hello there,

I am wondering if there is a way to format the appearance of buttons within a table when a User is in quick edit mode?

I have two actions for Users to utilize that are embedded into a table using the inline action prominence setting. The actions are great, and the quickedit table is functioning as intended; however, there is one visual issue that the inline buttons are creating for my users. When the table is in quickedit mode, actions for the table are disabled - which makes sense as a user enters additional data on the table.

The issue lies with the action icons still remaining visible to users while in quickedit mode. Due to the actions icons still being visible while in quickedit mode, I have observed the confusion of users that want to use the actions but are unable. The user must first save or cancel their edits before utilizing the actions. 

I recognize the need for the process of saving or cancelling prior to allowing a user to perform and action on the table; however, I cannot find a way to hide the inline actions buttons when a user enters the tables quickedit mode. Is there a way that I can reference the "QuickEdit" table view?

I have tried multiple different work arounds to hide these buttons, but it seems that this might not be possible, as a quickedit table is not identifiable using CONTEXT(). 

Any help is appreciated 

0 1 84
1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I don't believe there is any way to affect the behavior you've observed.

Top Labels in this Space