Refresh AppSheet app as a result of an outside update in google sheet

I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.How can I do it? And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.I had a wait to do it with the add-on but that’s on the on the weather app he doesn’t work on the iPhone app.

The add-on does not work outside. I’m looking for heat only makes a sink every certain time that you program it.The add-on does not work outside. I’m looking for heat only makes a sink every certain time that you program it.Thank you very much.

0 4 308
4 REPLIES 4

@Alejandro_Lamo1 wrote:

I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.How can I do it? And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.I had a wait to do it with the add-on but that’s on the on the weather app he doesn’t work on the iPhone app

If you are asking about making a general update available to ALL users immediately, that is not possible,

For a specific user, AppSheet DOES currently support request/response updating through Google scripts but only for a single data value at a time.  For example,  a user may want to get the current outside Temperature as of right now.  You can build in the app a button that activates an automation.  That automation is of the "Call a script" type which can pass a set of parameters to a script.  The script calls the external weather service and then returns back to the app the current Temperature.  That current Temperature is shown in some app view.   There is a delay, of course, but the user is not blocked from doing other things.

The issue here is that we are affecting a Google sheet from our IoT detector.

The issue here is that we are affecting a Google sheet from our IoT detector.We want to report and see this information as soon as it occurs.

we don’t know how to update the information in Appsheet view on this it is manually updated or synced by each user.

As implicitly implied by the post referenced by @Tommy62 , there is a new feature just released that is in Preview called Quick Sync.   Review the article below and if it seems to work for you then Turn on the Preview features.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/PREVIEW-Users-see-updated-data-with-Quick-sync...

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 10.09.08 AM.png

Vielleicht hilft Ihnen folgender Thread: Sync-appsheet-when-google-sheet-data-is-update 

Top Labels in this Space