Refresh AppSheet app as a result of an outside update in google sheet

I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.How can I do it? And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.I had a wait to do it with the add-on but thatโ€™s on the on the weather app he doesnโ€™t work on the iPhone app.

The add-on does not work outside. Iโ€™m looking for heat only makes a sink every certain time that you program it.The add-on does not work outside. Iโ€™m looking for heat only makes a sink every certain time that you program it.Thank you very much.

0 4 325
4 REPLIES 4

@Alejandro_Lamo1 wrote:

I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.I want to update my app when there is an outside update in google sheets.How can I do it? And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.And not waiting for the automatic sync every 30 minutes.I had a wait to do it with the add-on but thatโ€™s on the on the weather app he doesnโ€™t work on the iPhone app

If you are asking about making a general update available to ALL users immediately, that is not possible,

For a specific user, AppSheet DOES currently support request/response updating through Google scripts but only for a single data value at a time.  For example,  a user may want to get the current outside Temperature as of right now.  You can build in the app a button that activates an automation.  That automation is of the "Call a script" type which can pass a set of parameters to a script.  The script calls the external weather service and then returns back to the app the current Temperature.  That current Temperature is shown in some app view.   There is a delay, of course, but the user is not blocked from doing other things.

The issue here is that we are affecting a Google sheet from our IoT detector.

The issue here is that we are affecting a Google sheet from our IoT detector.We want to report and see this information as soon as it occurs.

we donโ€™t know how to update the information in Appsheet view on this it is manually updated or synced by each user.

As implicitly implied by the post referenced by @Tommy62 , there is a new feature just released that is in Preview called Quick Sync.   Review the article below and if it seems to work for you then Turn on the Preview features.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/PREVIEW-Users-see-updated-data-with-Quick-sync...

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 10.09.08 AM.png

Vielleicht hilft Ihnen folgender Thread: Sync-appsheet-when-google-sheet-data-is-update 

Top Labels in this Space