Regarding expression efficiency and app optimization

Hello, currently im creating an app for my clinic/patient data capture..

And to give you some context, each patient can add multiple forms (child table) for each category of data. So im trying to create some sort of INLINE MENU (in detail view) as per picture below. This would give me easier and pleasant looking button to add data for each patients.

select filter.jpg

Currently im using this formula to fetch each rows from the MENU_INLINE table to be shown as inline views in PARENT TABLE detail view:

FILTER("MENU INLINE", AND(IN([MENU INLINE ID], LIST("12", "34", "56", "78", "910", "1112")), [IC NUMBER] = [_THISROW].[IC NUMBER]))

What i want to ask is: does this use of formula will affect app performance in a significant way?

Or can you suggest better way to construct the formula to provide better & cleaner use of expression to achieve this features?

Would appreciate your thoughts and opinion. Thanks

0 1 87
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @drfuadj ,

I'm guessing "Menu inline" is the table where you store the deep links to each view, each row has an ID code, and in this case, you only want the user to see certain buttons, which are the ones within the LIST() expression and share the same [IC NUMBER].

I suggest that you store somewhere in your app which views should be shown to each kind of user, or in which views.

For example, include in your "Menu inline" table which views are for users, and which ones are for admins, and implement a current user system.

That way you could have a slice of your "Menu inline" named "currentUserButtons" and just make a virtual column with a reference to those, you could even have each button only available on a given view using CONTEXT().

Talking about the performance itself, it IS a expensive formula, but I'm guessing you don't have thousands of rows in that "Menu inline" table, so it's ok either way I believe.

Top Labels in this Space