Regenerate Structure

Hey team,

Iโ€™m having a very odd experience with trying to regenerate the column structure of one of my tables.
I select the table that I want to regenerate.
I click on the regenerate structure button.
The button changes to a question button, โ€œare you sure?โ€
I click the button again.
And then click โ€œsave and verify dataโ€
When the page reloads, my table is gone from the Columns tab, but it is still showing up on the Tables tab and is still an available option in the UX drop downs, although the UX output does not display.

Iโ€™m working on a critical deadline to get a series of updates completed and published by noon today.
Can you help?

0 8 3,108
8 REPLIES 8

tony1

Hi elan, letโ€™s get you unblocked first. You should be able to roll back to an earlier version where your column structure is still there. https://help.appsheet.com/manage/versions/app-versions-the-essentials

Once you get into that state, could you try again? If the error happens reliably, thatโ€™s a โ€œgoodโ€ sign and I should be able to debug the situation.

tony1

Are you saying that the โ€œcolumns disappearingโ€ problem continues to happen, or it was just a fluke?

Just for context, this is a strange bug that weโ€™ve been trying to track down and reproduce for quite some time, so if it consistently happens, please do let me know.

I am having issues also when regenerating columns for a table.
Not all of the column data is regenerating.
Would this be part of the same issue?

@Dan_Kunzer Could you send an email to support@appsheet.com with the name of your app, the name of the table, and the columns that you expect to show up but arenโ€™t?

The โ€˜Are You Sureโ€™ popping up when you hit regenerate was very surprising to me when it first showed up a few days ago. I donโ€™t really like it. Especially since it forces the Save & Verify screen to show up, and you canโ€™t really do both at once. I feel like regenerating a table should automatically Save & Verify, Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™ve noticed before that it does not. Or maybe Regenerating should be a queued change for the next time the user hits Save & Verify?

Has this issue been resolved? I accidentally changed the structure of a table. I fixed the table and regenerated column. But now the app will not access anything in that table. The field in the app is grayed out.

Please contact support@appsheet.com directly for assistance with this.

I have a similar issue. When regenerating an Airtable table it just doesnโ€™t work.
Says itโ€™s regenerating but nothing updates.

Top Labels in this Space