Regenerate structure bug

When I use Data/Columns/Regenerate Structure, it changes the name of the table using the data of the second row as the name.

I created a tabla name MOD ABUELOS with two columns:

flxaryaman_1-1694095696990.png

When i charged the table with the empty data, only with the heather, and activate REGENERATE STRUCTURE the app take the correct information, and use as name "Modelos Abuelos" in the Row

flxaryaman_0-1694095574743.png

But, when i enter data in the table like this and activate "Regenerate Structure"

image.png

then the configuration change and take as Name of the Row the data that is in the second file, in this case BSC COLOR.

flxaryaman_2-1694096031002.png

When this happens it is impossible to configure anything since it takes the data in the first row as data from the table, in this case MODELOS ABUELOS appears as information.

I have clean the Chrome cache but the bug continues

The rest of the app works corretly

Could anyone help me?

Solved Solved
0 8 225
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Well, I'd found a "solution"

I have created a provisional UX and I have put the line data through the UX and it has worked for me, and I hope it continues to do so...

Thank you for your contributions and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

@flxaryaman : Thank you for the update and nice to know you got a workaround solution. It is not exactly clear what your solution is. You may want to elaborate it with some scrennshots.

However as a standard practice, it is recommended to make the column headings bold as suggested. I am attaching the AppSheet help document and relevant snippet from the article for any future reader of this post thread.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1694142103358.png

Effective use of column headers - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I tried to delete the tables and created another without dates, but the app makes the same thing.

Please try making the heading row bold and then again regenerate.

The rest of the headings in the other tables are not bold, but I will change it just in case.
Thank you so much.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

That's happened a while ago to me.

I fixed that with removing the table and adding it again. Fortunately this was a very simple table with no virtual column yet.

Well, I'd found a "solution"

I have created a provisional UX and I have put the line data through the UX and it has worked for me, and I hope it continues to do so...

Thank you for your contributions and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

@flxaryaman : Thank you for the update and nice to know you got a workaround solution. It is not exactly clear what your solution is. You may want to elaborate it with some scrennshots.

However as a standard practice, it is recommended to make the column headings bold as suggested. I am attaching the AppSheet help document and relevant snippet from the article for any future reader of this post thread.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1694142103358.png

Effective use of column headers - AppSheet Help

"I have created a provisional UX and I have put the line data through the UX and it has worked for me, and I hope it continues to do so..."

It's literally what I did.

Every time I try to enter data by writing it directly to the table, when i activated REGENERATE STRUCTURE it changed the name of the data table and converted the ID_MODABU to MA0001 by disabling the UNIQUEID()
On the other hand, when entering the data through a UX created on purpose for this, even if you do the REGENERATE STRUCTURE, it maintains the initial configuration.

I don't know if I explained it well.
For the images, the ones I put in the initial question.

It's an arrangement that I don't like, it's not logical, but it works.

Thanks for your time.

Okay , I think I got it. I believe you entered the data through the app instead of backend.  Thank you for the update.

However as an additional step, I may  say, please make the headings bold as recommended best practice.

Top Labels in this Space