Regenerate table structure in AS Database error

Im updating an app and making changes to the AS database. When I try to regenerate the structure, there is a delay, sometimes hangs. Then, when apparently successful, I still get the warning, "App Schema for table 'Issue ID' is out of sync with the schema in AppSheet database. Please regenerate the table structure."

This is very frustrating. I checked the data source, and it is linked up to the correct table. I am going to make a ton of changes in the coming days, this is not a good start.

0 7 864
7 REPLIES 7

@andyBKK wrote:

Im updating an app and making changes to the AS database.

Could you possibly mean AWS database - Amazon Web Services?  If so please make sure you are choosing the correct database type.  It should be Amazon RDS.

Other Amazon database types are not strictly relational in nature and have processing that conflicts with AppSheet services.

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I meant the AppSheet database. For some reason, the table won't regenerate. As a last-ditch effort, I copied the table and renamed it. Then I added it to the app. It seems to work ok. I have no idea why this happened. I hope I will not face continued errors as I am relying on the database to build an important app (I know about it being preview and all). Thank you again.

Ah!  Of course!  I haven't started using it yet so I forget it's there!

@andyBKK wrote:

I hope I will not face continued errors as I am relying on the database to build an important app (I know about it being preview and all)

There is no expectation as to when the AppSheet Database will be considered ready for use.  Make sure you familiarize yourself with the current limitations of the AppSheet database.   

And now, this morning, I have the same problem again in the copied Table! Its 23 columns, mostly text, few Enums and a few references. Out of sync, and despite all my efforts to regenerate, keeps displaying the same error.

You should post this issue in the main announcement thread of this preview feature.

Where exactly? I am new to this forum. This could indeed be an important error to report to devs. It is quite persistent.

Top Labels in this Space