Related Columns Sync time

Is there any way so that the related virtual columns is not created?

I have many tables and many Ref type columns in them. This creates Related Columns in the Parent table and it takes time to sync the app.

Rahul_Sanghavi_0-1663043655966.png

Please advise.

0 5 200
5 REPLIES 5

If it is a system generated related column, then it cannot be deleted. In general system generated reverse reference columns do not consume so much synch time.

You may want to analyze further why that particular column only is taking so much time.  For example, in the screenshot shared by you there are two more related columns in the same table that are not taking so much time.

Noted.

Yes. This particular related column is taking time to sync since the total number of rows in the related table is over 50K. And this is the reason i wish to delete this related column or maybe find a workaround in such way that such columns are not created since the use of such related column is not much and this such i don't require it at all.

It may be difficult to exactly suggest a specific solution in such cases without knowing more app configuration.  Performance improvement is a multi dimensional topic and generally the community could give directional suggestions.

One option to explore could be to reduce the records being sent to the app using security filters. You may want to analyze - are all those 50,000 records always necessary for the user to access?

You may want to take a look at options such as horizontal scaling. But again as mentioned , this is a multi dimensional topic.

Advanced techniques: Horizontal scaling - AppSheet Help

Edit: You have also mentioned 

@Rahul_Sanghavi wrote:

since the use of such related column is not much and this such i don't require it at all.

From your this statement it appears that you do not need the child records for any purpose. So it sounds you are using referencing for some lookup values only without further making use of referencing for any calculations dependent on child table records or user related information display of child records. 

In that case you may want to evaluate, if you can use a simple valid if to get those values from the referenced table instead of referencing.

Drop-down from Valid_If - AppSheet Help

"In that case you may want to evaluate, if you can use a simple valid if to get those values from the referenced table instead of referencing."

This did help to an extent. I will review all such columns and check the performance. Hope i get some performance boost.

thanks.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Change all columns of type Ref to type Enum with a base type of Ref. You will need to provide a Valid If or Suggested values expression for each column you convert that way if you want the user to be able to choose a value.

Top Labels in this Space