Related Items do not coincide with the items displayed in the related items list

Hello All, 

I've ran in to an issue where i have a table with a list of ref rows you can see in the pic that there are 3 related items for this particular record but the table shows 5 records. the max is set to 5 but shouldnt the table only show the 3 related items?

The auto generated ref column where the ref list lives was edited by me to only include information from a slice, could this be the issue?

example.png

Solved Solved
0 7 183
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@WillowMobileSys wrote:
@SAFETY_RAMCO wrote:

The auto generated ref column where the ref list lives was edited by me to only include information from a slice, could this be the issue?

If all  you did to the REF_ROWS() expression was change the Table name to the Slice name, then NO that isn't the problem.

I would disagree, I suspect that is exactly the issue.

First, you shouldn't ever be editing the auto-generated [Related...] VC, that can easily cause issues in several ways. If you need it to be different, like to reference a Slice instead, create a second VC.

And when you change it to reference a Slice, you need to change it in two spots, the REF_ROWS expression, and the "referenced table" setting in the column config. You probably only changed it in one spot.

View solution in original post

To "reset" it all to default behavior, this is what I'd do:

1. Delete both REF_ROWS VCs
  2. In the child table, change the Ref column to Text type
  3. Save the app
  4. Change the Ref column back to Ref type
  5. Save the app
  6. Re-create the additional REF_ROWS VC on the Slice

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@SAFETY_RAMCO wrote:

If all  you did to the REF_ROWS() expression was change the Table name to the Slice name, then NO that isn't the problem.

I believe this issue occurs when you have rows in the the referenced table with the same row key.  The view shows all the rows but the count is counting distinct occurrences of the key.  Check that all of your row keys are unique in the datasource.

@WillowMobileSys wrote:
@SAFETY_RAMCO wrote:

First, you shouldn't ever be editing the auto-generated [Related...] VC, that can easily cause issues in several ways. If you need it to be different, like to reference a Slice instead, create a second VC.

And when you change it to reference a Slice, you need to change it in two spots, the REF_ROWS expression, and the "referenced table" setting in the column config. You probably only changed it in one spot.

Thanks Marc! you were correct I did not change the referenced setting. 

I created a second VC w/ a ref to the slice and it worked!! Thank you so much

@Marc_Dillon wrote:

Well, fine!  Be right then!   LOL.   Yeah, I goofed!  I forgot about the need to change the column datasource as well.

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the previous help! I am having another issue with this app and I believe the issues stem from when I edited the auto generated VC.  After Marc advised I not edit the VC I returned the VC to its original form, but I am noticing that the related items which the VC generates dissapear after a few days. 

Should I scrap the app entirely and make a new one or can I delete the VC and reference and add a new reference once again after I delete the  edited VC.

To "reset" it all to default behavior, this is what I'd do:

1. Delete both REF_ROWS VCs
  2. In the child table, change the Ref column to Text type
  3. Save the app
  4. Change the Ref column back to Ref type
  5. Save the app
  6. Re-create the additional REF_ROWS VC on the Slice

Thank You Marc

Top Labels in this Space