Remove action in reference table deck view

I am trying to hide the email action of a reference table. I want the email action to be visible when viewed in the regular deck view, but hidden when viewed as a reference table if the customer view, as in below:
3X_9_1_91bc410809341d6483c89feab8968ce86431575c.png

Iโ€™ve tried

0 3 310
3 REPLIES 3

Please try CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)<>โ€œCustomerโ€ instead of CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€)<>โ€œCustomerโ€

CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€) is more generic related to type of views such as โ€œTableโ€, โ€œDeckโ€ , โ€œMapโ€ etc. and will apply to all views of that type for that table. It needs to be used with type of view names.

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) needs to be used with various actual view names in the app.

@Tom_automated
You can create a REF type Deck View with actions disabled for that inline table.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar
I believe CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€) <> โ€œCustomerโ€ will always return TRUE value, as there is no particular ViewType named as Customer. The approach of Tom is correct but unfortunately the Child view/table cannot access and read the value of a Mother view/table from the Detail view, therefore CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) expression will not be working either. The is the same when working with Mother/Child ref/reverse-ref Form UX.

Hi @LeventK ,

Thank you for your guidance. My testing showed that by using the parent view name in the action condition for the inline records view, the action โ€œDeleteโ€ gets hidden.

The first picture below is of hidden action with parent view name. The picture below that is of the child tableโ€™s independent deck view, where the โ€œDeleteโ€ action is present. May be I am missing some point. Will appreciate your guidance.

By the way nice to see your responses in the community again. Your posts are always insightful.

Top Labels in this Space