Remove option in dropdown list

Hi all, how can I remove the option in the dropdown list in [department] ? In this case I want to remove “operation”, I used this expression for this column

3X_e_b_eb7d81c4994d2bda4a9ce9acc7eaf351bab573c1.png

3X_7_f_7f3c19dd3b1fb1245db8b01cb66b7a7f3192853e.png

But in the config HRM [department] does not have “operation” option to remove, Thanks

0 6 101
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

I’m not sure that I understand your question properly but you should be able to subtract a list made up of the word “operation” as a list. If “operation” is not in “config HRM[department]” I don’t think that would be a problem:

sort(config HRM[department])-list("")-list("operation")

P.S. Do you want to subtract “operation” or “operations”?

Thanks @Kirk_Masden, I tried but It’s not working

sort(config HRM[department])-list("")-list(“operation”)-list(“Innovation”)

It’s still show as below

Hi @Phong_Lam

You may want to set this expression in the Valid_If expression instead of Suggested_Value.

From my point of view (but not tested), if “Innovation” has been entered previously, it will be suggested even if you remove it from the Suggested_Value list.
Also, set a capital first letter for -LIST("Operation") ?

One strange thing I notice, is that you use the SORT() expression, but… the list is not sorted on your screenshot

I guess It just sort value form the [Department] column, the others value that user entered previously not sorted.

When I put it in Valid_If column, It’s working but It not allowed user to add additional department

How can we allow user to add new value ?

You may want to use a new table “Departments”.
And set the current column with type Ref, source table “Departments”.
This way, people will see a “New” choice that will allow them to add a new department in this table.

Thanks @Aurelien

Top Labels in this Space