Removed column in Database appear in App

Hey there! 

I seem to be having the same issue as this person from a while back:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Removed-Column-from-Source-Table-Won-t-go-away-...

I am getting old columns appear in the data tables of my app, as well as I am unable to change the column name to the old one without it adding a number (x) to the end. So now in my Appsheet database I can try to name my column "projects" for example, but because these deleted columns seem to still be there, it just generates a name for that column as "projects (2)". Is this supposed to work this way?

0 7 130
7 REPLIES 7

This sounds like you've got two columns with same name.  Where this happens Appsheet will give the second column a unique name.  Also are you using the 'regerate struture' button when you add/remove columns?

Simon@1minManager.com

Hey!

Yes its behaving just like that, only the columns have been deleted in the Appsheet Database and do not appear there. I have regenerated the structure as well in the App section and they appear there as well. Basically it's as if they are still there, but invisible in the database and therefor I am unable to make further attempts to delete them.

repot it.

Hidden in the spreadsheet?

Please refer to this as "AppSheet Databases". This is a new, beta feature that we shouldn't be using for anything but experimental and debugging process.

Most experienced people will help you as if you are trying to use a worksheet, which has nothing to do to the AppSheet Database behaviour

Okay I see. Thanks!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Databases is in preview and is not suitable for use in any important app.

Please report AppSheet Database problems here:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature in publi... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space