Rental Scheduling

I created an app a couple of years ago for us to use in scheduling rentals for our inflatable company. The one problem I have is when we put in a rental date, it doesn’t limit our choices to only the units that are available. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can do this? I’m rebuilding the app from the ground up to make it better so now is the time.

Currently I have a table for:
Customers
Inflatable Units
Rentals

The Rentals table contains a “start date” field and an “End Date” Field and a related column for Customer and Inflatable.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
Rob

0 5 677
5 REPLIES 5

@Rob_Zehentner
You can create a slice with this expression:

AND([Start Date]>=TODAY(), [End Date]<=TODAY())

Is that what you are asking for? Or are you trying to create a filtering in a dropdown values? Can you pls elaborate? Thnx.

THanks for the reply!
When adding a new rental, I want it to filter the dropdown values to only show what is available for the selected days.

The problem is that is has to check all the dates in the rental table and exclude any inflatable that is booked during those dates.

See the Validate Non-Overlapping Date Range example here:

Thank you Steve, It’s going to take some work, but I believe that will work!
I’ll let you know if I get it working

Thanks for the help! I decided what I was trying to do involved too many tables so I decided to simply set the “Valid IF” for the Start and End Times in the Rentals Table. Doing it that way I was able to make the program give me an error if there was a scheduling conflict!

AND([Start Date] <= [End Date],
COUNT(FILTER(“Rental”,
AND(
[Inflatable] = [_THISROW].[Inflatable],
AND(([Start Date] >= [_THISROW].[Start Date]),([Start Date] <= [_THISROW].[End Date]))

)

)
) = 0)
Thanks again,
Rob

Top Labels in this Space