Repeat last entry?

I have a data entry form with a couple items that may not change. Is there a way to have the add new form to always default to the entry on the previous entry for those 2 items? Basically I would like it to stay the same until changed .
Thanks

1 7 1,794
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A suitable Initial value formula will do this for you.

It just might, Iโ€™ll try it out.
Thank you

Any thoughts on what that expression would look like?

Another option that may or may not be useful in your case is an action to โ€œCopy and edit this rowโ€

Assuming the last entry corresponds to the row of your spreadsheet with the highest row number (typically a good assumption), the following expression will give you a Ref to that highest-numbered row:

MAXROW("MyTable", "_ROWNUMBER")

replacing MyTable with the name of your table. You could add a (normal, not virtual) column to your table with that as the initial value expression, then you can dereference that column to get column values from that last row.

I tried using
MAXROW (โ€œunit listโ€[Property], โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€)
but that is giving me the the row number not what was previously entered in the row.

As I said:

The value you got is a Ref. Read more:

I then suggested:

I continue to suggest that.

Finally, you said:

which means _ROWNUMBER is your key column, which is a bad idea. From What is a Key?:

The row number is not a good key. If entries are moved or deleted, or if users add or delete entries simultaneously, the row number for each row will change and there is no way for AppSheet to uniquely identify the row. The Editor will give a warning if row number is chosen as the key.

Top Labels in this Space