Report Order

I need some help with orderby in reports. I need to sort the data by the "from" column not the unique ID.  What I currently have in by report to pull the data from a table is as follows:

<<Start: [Related Material Logs]>><<[From]>>

-<<[To]>>

<<[Material]>><<End>>

I know I need to add orderby() to this somewhere but I have no idea where. Could someone smarter than me "Steve i'm assuming"  please write this out for me exactly how it needs to be to order it by the number in the "from" column smallest to largest so I don't have to keep wasting hours guessing in hopes that I might accidently get it correct eventually. Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 5 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the screenshots. I see you've done it correctly. The only issue I see is that you did not remove your old expression in the "From - to" column. The expression I provided is meant to replace the existing one, so please remove the latter. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

<<Start:ORDERBY([Related Material Logs], [From])>><<[From]>>

Thanks for the reply. I added that but apparently you did not dumb it down enough for me. I attached a screen shot of what it was before and then after I added your line. I'm sure your going to shake your head at me when you see it. Any chance you can correct me on this. Thanks

old snip.PNGnew snip.PNG

Thanks for the screenshots. I see you've done it correctly. The only issue I see is that you did not remove your old expression in the "From - to" column. The expression I provided is meant to replace the existing one, so please remove the latter. 

That did it. Thank you Very much. You have no idea how long that has been plaguing me.   

Next time it will be no time ๐Ÿ˜€

Top Labels in this Space