Report Template that sends all Records in one email

I have created a report that sends an email at 8:00 in the morning of a task assigned to that person that is due on that day. As it stands right now if there are 10 tasks someone must do that day they will receive 10 different emails. How can I send all records in one email? Iโ€™m sure it has something to do with a start/end formula but I havenโ€™t been able to figure out how to use it. I would love is someone could just tell me exactly how it should look. below is the body template for the email:

<<[Task]>> Due Today!

Task: <<[Task]>>
Date: <<[Date]>>
Document: <<[Google Document]>>
Assignee: <<[Assignee]>>
Category/Event: <<[Category/Event]>>
COMMENTS: <<[COMMENTS]>>
ID: <<[ID]>>

<<_ROW_WEB_LINK>> TO GO TO TASK IN APP

0 6 721
6 REPLIES 6

For doing that you would need to trigger the scheduled report from Users table. Then you could use the Start & End expression if you use the option โ€œForEachRowInTableโ€. Then the formula would be likeโ€ฆ
<<Start: SELECT(Tasks[KeyColumn],[Assigned]=[_THISROW].[User])>>

Thank you @Aleksi . While testing things out last night I instead created a report for a Slice Past Due and chose โ€œfor Entire tableโ€. My formula looks like this:

<<Start: Select(Past Due[KEY], CONTAINS([ASSIGNEE],โ€Storyโ€))>>

The problem is, it is sending a report even if there is nothing in the table. How can I make sure the report is only run when the Slice has something inside it? Thank you again.

I started off with a each row in table format first, then used a select formula (I donโ€™t have a .user column) and the start formula worked but I still received an email for each row in the table (containing the multiple items from the start expression)โ€ฆI am trying to avoid receiving multiple emails a day, but only receive 1 email with all task past due for an assignee. Please help me figure this out, as I am a teacher and my summer is running out for me to complete this app. I have been playing with count() options all day and I donโ€™t think I understand them.

Count how many records you have in that slice. If the count is bigger that 0, trigger that workflow.

@Aleksi Where in the report would I do that?

Can you show me how that would look? Do I put that in the body template with the start expression? Or in the condition?

Put this expression in the event condition. Count(FILTER("slice name",[column name] > 0)) <> 0, or Count(FILTER("Slice name",ISNOTBLANK([Column name]))) <> 0

Top Labels in this Space