Reports are running more than once

Why are some of my reports running multiple times?

I have several reports that send out emails to clients.  We get 4 emails sometimes for the same report.  This one is set up to send out an email daily(weekly) at 9 AM CST.  Yet I get 4 emails.  Why?

Tiger1_0-1650983796752.png

0 53 736
53 REPLIES 53

AUTOMATION | AppSheet Help Center

Take a look at the docs

Bots: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Processes are needed, you can have multiple tasks inside of it

Reading through it - it really does NOT distinguish between Process and Task.  In fact it never says if you need both or just a process.  I am confused.  If I build the bot to auto email - do I need a process AND a task - both emailing?

The example says this is what it should look like when complete - yet mine shows the "Run a task" - the example does not?

Example:

Tiger1_0-1651765239074.png

Mine:

Tiger1_1-1651765256902.png

I also notice a difference in the example layout to build the bot.  Top right in the example shows "Run a task", again mine does not?

Mine:

Tiger1_0-1651765570603.png

Example:

Tiger1_1-1651765587945.png

any help?  I got the bots to only send 2 emails instead of 4.  Without changing anything, they went back to sending 4?  Im confused how this happens?

Try by makin just one bot with the "cascade" tasks. Disable the other ones in the process.

Also make sure you have the right conditions to prevent the execution of more than one task at a time

I will say - the cascade - adding multiple task is confusing.  I lose where I am.  I can't seem to figure out how to build it to go through all 5 locations and send based on the trigger...

• Step 1
    • Task: Branch on a condition
      • Yes:
        • Step 1.1:
          • Task: The first email
      • No: The next process
  • Step 2
    • Task: Branch on a condition:
      • Yes:
        • Step 2.1:
          • Task: The second email
      • No: The next process...
  • Repeat

SkrOYC_0-1651850263236.png

All inside of the same process

AUTOMATION | AppSheet Help Center

Thank you very much.  I will try this...

Ok.  Since this is "Scheduled" - I have no table selected and therefor no condition to be able to make the first step trigger:

Tiger1_0-1651850802101.pngTiger1_1-1651850822299.png

That condition should be basically the same you where using on your bots

So what finally worked for me was  - disabling ALL bots.  not deleting them.  Now they all run the report once daily?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Automation is a mess.

mine?  Or Appsheets?

AppSheet's.

Read the docs, I did and everything clicked after that when I was struggling with the transition from Workflows and Reports.

A process doesn't do anything, just serves as a way to organize a group of tasks, but it can be just one

Top Labels in this Space