Required Filed, column value comes blank to the backend sheet sometimes

I have a parent-child table. The parent's table Project Name Column is required in form view. I use the app in the editor and also on the mobile and desktop, and as it should being so it doesn't allow me to save the form if project name is not selected .

Somehow some users had the success of doing this. I see blank values in the backend. How could this be possible? 

Project Name Coulm for the parent table is REF type text-based and the Validif expression is below.

Thank you.

SORT(SPLIT(SELECT(STAFF[PROJECTS] , [STAFF NAME]=[_THISROW].[STAFF NAME]), "," ) )

0 5 65
5 REPLIES 5

@Atlas wrote:

Somehow some users had the success of doing this. I see blank values in the backend. How could this be possible?

If you made the field Required after some time after your users started using the app, they will need to receive the latest version before the new config is on their devices

Yes, this might be a problem but how can I force users to use the stable version of this app if I don't have an enterprise plan? 

Atlas_0-1664660759874.png

That has nothing to do with what you think it does. Any other plan is always sending the latest changes to all users

@SkrOYC wrote:

they will need to receive the latest version before the new config is on their devices

As I know, unless they do sync in the app they get the latest version. If you make changes in the backend like adding new columns, while  50 people using the app, it may cause some problems in the backend. And I can not reach everyone and tell them to update their version. And I do that kind of changes a lot.

I check the Audit history for the latest record from one customer, he is using the latest version of the app, but the child table didn't copy the Parent Table's Required column.

Top Labels in this Space