Reservation overlap with Approval

Hello, I have a reservation appsheet project and I have applied the following expression on the column's valid if that validates overlapping reservations:

Giane_Mosquera_0-1644306757844.png

Notice on the last line I've put [Status] = "Approve", this adds to the validity that it can receive reservations as long as that date range doesn't have the Approve status done by the admin(role). The expression works but here comes the problem:

I've added Action Buttons for the admin to Approve/Decline the reservations:

Giane_Mosquera_2-1644306997203.png

Giane_Mosquera_3-1644307015530.png

It shows this prompt and no changes on the column is applied. I'm asking for help regarding on where to add the [Status]="Approve" condition so that the user can still add a reservation as long as the entry isn't approved yet. 

also, the prompt invalid message is done here:

Giane_Mosquera_0-1644307550416.png

0 5 193
5 REPLIES 5

Try [ID].[RoomID], instead of [RoomID].[ID]

Hello, @Joseph_Seddik ! I appreciate the help, but the "Action Failed" still shows. I made another option for this action instead,  I made a slice to specifically edit just the status column and an action button with a LINKTOROW() function.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have you found a solution?

Hi, Steve! I just created another action button that directs the user to a linktorow view where the user can select a status (accept, decline). Apparently when I make an action button that directly changes the Status column, the “Action Failed” pops up.

So i guess, i am already good with it.

Try this formula if this will work with your action.

ISBLANK(
	FILTER(
		"Conference Booking",
		AND(
			[RoomID].[ID] = [_THISROW].[RoomID],
			[From Date] < [_THISROW].[To Date],
			[To Date] > [_THISROW].[From Date],
			[Status] = "Approve"
		)
	)
	-
	LIST([_THISROW])