Reset_If

Hello friends, I have decided to simplify the architecture of my app, reducing the number of columns since the excess not only makes it unreadable many times, but also clutters and slows down the app.

I had, among other columns, the following:

[Calculated Unit] --> this responds to a formula based on what the user uploads

[Manual Unit] --> this is chosen from a list, manually

[Unit] --> this was basically a choice (if certain things happen, then the former, if not the latter)

What I decided to do is reduce all this to a single column called Unit and put in the "Initial_Value" field a combination, if they pass certain parameters, then calculate the unit for me, if they pass other parameters, then I will choose manually.

Everything is resolved perfectly, but it happens that in the UX of the "Form" I am reproducing what the user will do. I start to select the parameters, however I previously assume that the user manually selects the unit from the list, and then says "better I'll do it in a calculated way", and selects other parameters that lead him to use the calculated unit, however , when it gets to the point where it should calculate itself, to my surprise, the value that the user manually opted in is preloaded and I can't clear that value before it reaches the calculation instance.

I have some Y/N type parameters and I choose. I have tried the following:

Reset on Edit If parameter 1 = Y, however it is still the same preloaded value. Is there a way to clear the pre-loaded records in the form if a different decision is made?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Solved Solved
0 4 215
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Once any manual input is entered into a field, the Initial Value will no longer be evaluated within that same Form "session". If you have resetOnEdit turned on, it will re-evaluate once you open the Form another time.

Your first method, with the 3 columns, was better for this situation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Once any manual input is entered into a field, the Initial Value will no longer be evaluated within that same Form "session". If you have resetOnEdit turned on, it will re-evaluate once you open the Form another time.

Your first method, with the 3 columns, was better for this situation.

Initial Values are calculated until they are edited manually or the data is saved.
If you need it to be recalculated on edit, reset on edit is there for you.
Now, you want it to be blank if there is a parameter that says so?
You can have IF with default "", should that be enough?

Oscar como estás? buen día. Eso es lo que hice. Coloque la fórmula en Initial value, pero como dice @Marc_Dillon es imposible que un valor se resetee en formulario (al menos por ahora) si ya se ha optado por un valor.

La idea mía sobre reducir columnas sigue siendo viable pero no en este caso aparentente. Yo usé el If que me sugieres, sin embargo cuando ya elijo manualmente no hay una expresión que limpie la expresión. Ya intente con _thisrow before pero no tiene mucho sentido. Voy a dejar las tres columnas como esán, funciona muy bien. Gracias.

Así es, como te decía, se calcula hasta que se edita manualmente. Ahí se detiene el cálculo del Initial Value

Top Labels in this Space