Reset date and time column value

Hello,

I would like to reset a date value and a time value to NULL so that the field can disappear when he is empty.

Actually, i have a bot that is setting their values to "" when my event occurs but that doesn't erase the value of these fields. It works only whith text fields.
Is there any command to set a value to NULL ?

Solved Solved
1 9 606
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you've got the "reset on edit" turn on - and you're not using a formula to conditionally control when it should reset - then it's basically the same as having an app formula inside that field.

You'll need to do something with more nuance:

• IsNotBlank([_this])
  • This will get the field to continue to reset, UNTIL it gets a value; at that point it becomes a static data point
    • You'll need to come up with something similar to that, but tailored to your scenario

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

My quick test with an action to set a date field to "" seems to work fine.

What specific issue are you facing?

This is my step in my automation when my event occurs :

erreurAppSheet.png

It works for the lasts fields (they are in order phone field, email field and text field) but those framed in red aren't setting to NULL (hour field and time field).
I don't inderstand why.

Do you have a formula driving these fields???  (I would imagine automation wouldn't let you try and set those, but you never know...)

They have an initial value that is resetted at every modifications :
erreurAppSheet.png

does it prevent giving the NULL value to the fields ?

If you've got the "reset on edit" turn on - and you're not using a formula to conditionally control when it should reset - then it's basically the same as having an app formula inside that field.

You'll need to do something with more nuance:

• IsNotBlank([_this])
  • This will get the field to continue to reset, UNTIL it gets a value; at that point it becomes a static data point
    • You'll need to come up with something similar to that, but tailored to your scenario

Thank you it works !

Generally in AppSheet:

• "" (is equivalent to) null

THe only way I know how to get a true null value in AppSheet is with the IFS() statement's fallback

IFS(
  logic1, result1, 
  logic2, result2
)

That fallback, if none of the branches of the IFS() evaluate to true, is the only way I know how to get a true null

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

DATE("")

TIME("")

Simple solution, and it works perfectly! Thanks, Steve!

Top Labels in this Space