Restrict data & function by user?

I have an app that contains warehouse data. We store inventory for multiple clients. At present, we have only two clients that want access to view their data. To that end, I have my main app, plus two more apps. One for each client. The reason for the three apps is that we were unable to find a way to restrict what a user sees and can do inside of the main app. There is a lot of functionality in the main app that the clients should not have access to, and of course they should only see their own data. This makes changes to the data and some of the views a little tedious as I have to make those updates in all three apps.

Is there a way to set up the main app so that client users a) only see their own data, and b) they do not have access to the all of the functions of the app? Essentially view only (with a couple of exceptions.) The person who originally created our app 2 years ago has left the company and I (not at all a programmer) am left to continue development as best I can.

All of the data is stored in one table. There are other tables, some of which are client-specific, for building out the function but the main data all lives on one table.

Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Solved Solved
0 2 170
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 REPLIES 2

Thank you, @TeeSee1 ! That is a great post and I didn't find it on my own. I appreciate you sharing the link. I did find the video on YT on my own, and watched it. I plan to attempt implementation.

For anyone with the same question as I have, read the linked post above, and watch the video linked in that post.

Top Labels in this Space