Restrict updates for specific rows

Hello. I’ve found this in the article below:

There are two common use cases for dynamic update modes:

1. To allow some users to make updates but restrict this functionality for others
  2. To allow updates for some rows but restrict updates for other rows

When I try to use the second feature, it raises error:

Table 'MyTable' has an invalid update mode expression '=SWITCH([Key], "", "ALL_CHANGES", "UPDATES_ONLY")'. Unable to find column 'Key'

Or simply does not restrict anything:

SWITCH(Key, "a9a3be60", "READ_ONLY", "ALL_CHANGES")

So how do I use this?

Solved Solved
0 2 585
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Are updates allowed? access controls apply to the table as a whole, not to each row individually; the expression is not evaluated in the context of any one row, so you cannot refer to column values directly. For instance, [Key] is a column value reference and cannot be used in the Are updates allowed? expression.

Row-level access controls must be managed either at the column level (Data >> Columns), or by action configuration (Behavior >> Actions), or both.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Are updates allowed? access controls apply to the table as a whole, not to each row individually; the expression is not evaluated in the context of any one row, so you cannot refer to column values directly. For instance, [Key] is a column value reference and cannot be used in the Are updates allowed? expression.

Row-level access controls must be managed either at the column level (Data >> Columns), or by action configuration (Behavior >> Actions), or both.

or by action configuration ( Behavior >> Actions )

This worked for me, thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space