Restricting user access based on conditional fields

We have multiple vendors with whom we want to share a single onboarding form. Now I want to give 'update' access to these vendors but only limited to their responses. How can I do that? If I restrict the access on my table then it is for all respondents. I want to allow respondents to edit but only those entries that they only created (and not others). Can we also restrict 'views' basis that?

I could not find any workaround that. Can someone suggest?

0 2 114
2 REPLIES 2

You mentioned " I want to allow respondents to edit but only those entries that they only created (and not others). Can we also restrict 'views' basis that?"

From your description it sounds that you wish to manage update access at field level. You could typically use Editable_If /Show_if constraint for field level update / visibility control.

Use column constraints - AppSheet Help

Conditionally allow column edits (Editable_If) - AppSheet Help

However please carefully understand all the below  concepts also as those are related to data security and confidentiality. Only security filters restrict the records reaching users device based on security filter expression.

For per user secure apps, AppSheet restricts access to records at record level by using security filters. 

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Within a specific record , once it reaches a user's device, AppSheet allows the app creator to define record update/add/delete/read permissions using the are updates allowed option.

Control add, update, and delete operations - AppSheet Help

You're going to want to implement the current user system, this will give you the ability to include what role a user belongs to.

Then you can base permissions off of the value inside the current user's [User_Role] column. Of course you can add more in here, there's nothing but potential, but that's what you need at least to get it working.

Top Labels in this Space