Restricting user counts?

AppGap

Is there a way to restrict the number of total users in the event I donโ€™t know how many people will use the app in question?

Like if I budget for ten people, but maybe theres 20 potential users, can I restrict it to the initial ten so any additional sign-ins/users are say, rejected, or sent to a page explaining that there are currently too many users?

Iโ€™m not looking for how to do it
I only want to know if this is this within appsheets capabilities?

0 7 437
7 REPLIES 7

Yes it isโ€ฆ almost. The problem is if two users are filling the form at the same time, the app doesnโ€™t know that situation and then itโ€™s possible that you have 11โ€ฆ12 attendees or even more.

Not sure if @Aleksi or me are answering different questions here

So Iโ€™m assuming you mean that you have invited 20 people to use an App but you want to cap your maximum monthly useage at 10. The answer as far as I know is no. Adding and removing users is the only manual thing you have to do yourself as an App developer.

Have you thought instead of using a Publisher Pro licenses which has unlimited users, but no restrictions on who can login?

Simon@1minManager.com

You guys have a fast response time!

Iโ€™ve already concluded publisher pro is the way I would go.

But suppose I wanted to limit the total number of users in principle.

With publisher pro could I say, create a screen (within the app itself) that allows an administrator to add or remove users?

The only way I think you could limit the number of users on a Publisher Pro App would be for each user to have to give you a unique piece of information each time they create a row. Their name might work.
Then set a rule in the App that says the Form disappears once 20 unique people have created entries this month.

Simon@1minManager.com

When I read Simonโ€™s answer I believe I have read your request wrongly I thought you were thinking how many attendees can join when you were talking about an event. My mistake, sorry.

With the Publisher Pro you are not allowed to do that because the authentication needs to be OFF. This means you canโ€™t identify your users.

The problem is still that if more than one user is filling the form at the same time (without last time sync), you will have more than 20 records before the form is closed.

Top Labels in this Space