Result of formula changes after syncing

Hi,

I made an app with several columns with formulas to calculate something. The issue is that the result shown in the form view is correct, but after saving the form the results change in the detail view and in the workflow (i use these results in a report created with a bot).

Here is a screen capture to make it more explicit.

Anyone has an idea that could explain this behaviour ?

Thanks.

0 4 38
4 REPLIES 4

Is it a formula or an initial value? Is this an actual column in your table or a virtual column? Formulas will make a column uneditable and will recalculate every time the row is saved. Initial values you have a choice if the value is reset anytime there is a save on the row. What does the formula actually do, what is it?

It is a formula. I have first tried with real column and now they are virtual column, both behave the same way when i edit the form.  

The formula is a calculation based on the values of other colums, it contains several if / ifs functions but not that many  (max 5). The calcultation is not based on any child table.

Under those circumstances I suspect that your formula evaluates to something that you did not account for or is unexpected behavior. Your screen capture shows that you change a single column, then save the form, and the virtual column result changes. Does your formula include the column that you changed? To troubleshoot this you should reevaluate your formula and/or actually tell us what the formula is so maybe we can assist you with finding your issue. If you are using IFS(), most often this can be attributed to the order of evaluations, because the first true evaluation will be returned.

By any chance.. do you have the "Delta sync" option enabled? If yes, set it as OFF and then test if that's the reason.

Top Labels in this Space