Risk Closure Approval by Manager

Good day all,

I am completely new to AppSheets, but have worked with MS PowerAPP. 

I have a google sheet with populated Project Risks. I want to build something simple for my manager to be able to approve a closure of an Active risk. It needs to display 3 fields (Timestamp, Title and Description) which is available in the sheet. 

How will I go about building something like this?

0 4 85
4 REPLIES 4

Under the "Tips & Resources" section, there is an "Education" menu option.  Going into that should provide you with a few tutorials on how to get started with AppSheet.  

I would recommend to create Google spreadsheet first. Input the data in the columns there in a structured way, like: "ID", "Time stamp", "Task Name", "User", etc in one Tab called "Tasks" and create other Tabs if needed such as: "Approves": "ID", "Task ID", "User", etc

Input a bit of data and then just hit Extentions > AppSheet > Create an App and start to modify your app learning on the go...

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly what I did so far and created a really cool capturing app. My problem comes in with the closing of the actual risk. I.E:

When someone with a specific email logs on, only that person will be allowed to change the status to "Closed" no one else should be allowed to do that.

I would recommend two ways here:
1. Simply create a condition in the โ€œRisk closeโ€ Action like useremail()=
2. Create a separate table where you assign different roles to
different users like โ€œBasicโ€, โ€œAdvancedโ€, etc and then create a
condition in the action which checks the user role.

Sent from my iPhone
Top Labels in this Space