Row Filter Conditions in Slices

Hi . my question is this. I want to be about to filter a slice to  only show a list or job that is asinged to that user workin on that job or many users

I have this setup

1 DB that has the list of jobs and also the useremail for example

job 234, user aaa@gmai.com

job 234.user abc@gmail.com

job 222, user 123@gmail.com

then when in a job there are many items that are recored all linkin to that job

job 234,  needs painting in lounge

job 234, needs work etc

job 222, needs rewire

how do i filter the jobs so that everone working on them can see the full list of recored's

it would need to be somthing like

if useremail is the same as  user in DB1 then

show all the job numbers like to that useremail.

many thanks hope someone can help.

This is what i have tried. but it keeps hiding everting

IF ([Job_Number]=JobDetails[Job_Number] AND JobDetails[User]=USEREMAIL(),TRUE,FALSE)

0 4 117
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Your expression has many problems:

1. JobDetails[Job_Number], this returns a list, so you cannot compare it with a single value like [Job_Number].
  2. AND() is a command, not an operator. To use it with IF(), you should write something like: IF(AND(condition1, condition2), return value when AND() is TRUE, return value when AND() is FALSE).
  3. Generally a Slice will show you data from one table, not two. Data from other tables should first be added into columns in the Slice's table.

Also, it seems that miss the way how dereferencing is constructed, so I'd recommend that you read this guide that should much benefit you. 

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1090811-dereference-expressions

and: 

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2347624-and 

In any case, if you'd like a ready-made solution, please show us your tables' columns and indicate which one you are filtering through the slice. Thank you.

It's not clear how to help you best.  We need to see the structure of the Jobs and Job Details tables AND we need to know how you are assigning the workers to a Job.

Sorry I'm unable to uploaded a image. 

But basically it looks like this

So anyone that has that job assigned to them can see and access all those jobs but only those jobs. 

Jobdetails before image
454fridge  

User jobnumber 
Ste@ 454
Fred@ 454
Ste@ 667

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
IN([Job], SELECT(Users[Job], (USEREMAIL() = [Email])))
Top Labels in this Space