Row reverted to previous state days later?

Hey all, I'm trying to investigate a strange mystery and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.

I have an app where field technicians record the times and dates of their service work, their supervisor approves, and then we export all the approved entries to give to payroll. 

Today I was alerted to the fact that out of about 600 entries, two of them somehow reverted to a previous state. They had been approved, with the approver logged, and a LastEditBy and LastEditOn field logging that activity on 1/9. On 1/11, suddenly they are back to Submitted and the approver was erased and the LastEditBy and On were reverted back to the date the row was originally submitted.

The problem is that so many people use this thing, my Audit Log doesn't go back far enough to the time that the reversion occurred and I don't have enterprise so I can't apply log filters. 

I am the primary admin of this app and not only did I not (knowingly) revert these rows, I don't think I would know how to do it via the app, and I can tell via the Google Sheet edit log that the app made the change, not another human. 

Anyone experienced anything like this before? Is there something obvious I'm missing that could allow a user or force the program to revert a row to a previous state?

0 3 109
3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried to check among the versions of Google Sheets ? 
Of course if you are using Sheets as DB.. 

Yeah, Sheets just says that the row was updated (via AppSheet). I'm trying to figure out why AppSheet did it (or if a user can do that somehow)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If a user has made changes to a row but doesn't sync the app for a few days, those older changes will replace any new changes that had been synced by another user.

Top Labels in this Space