Rows Filtered Based On Another Slice

Hey there. So in my app a made a slice that shows rows based on the number that is in my AREA column. Sometimes I need to change this to a different number. This is fine for two slices, but I'm going to make a few more slices and it can become tedious to change it for each slice every time (I'll still do it if that's the only way). It would be nice to change it for just my Records slice and then the others slices adjust accordingly.

Is there an expression that I can use that will based the rows viewed in my app off of what I set the Record's View to?

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 5.13.00 PM.png

โ€ƒ

0 4 134
4 REPLIES 4

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106760?hl=en

Will this work for you?

[AREA] = [_THISUSER].[WHATEVER YOU NAME in USERSETTING]

Thanks for the feedback. I could see how this could work very well. The problem is that I need to be the one to set the Area to be viewed for the App. The Usersetting seems to be App dependent. In other words, I changed the Area number to 3 but it's not 3 on the user's app. The user has to select the number and that's not something I want them to be in control of. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

As you understand it correctly, usersettings are user dependent.

To do what you want, simply create a table that only you can update and all the others have read-only access and get an [Area] value from that.

If there is only one row in the table you can use an expression like..

[AREA] = INDEX(table[area], 1)

Ahh I see. This expression worked good. Thank you very much for the help..

Top Labels in this Space