Run action automatically when an event occurs

Hello everyone. I have created an action that updates my rows quickly thanks to @MultiTech and in part to @Joseph_Seddik

Now, I need that action to be executed automatically when I create a record and not that I have to press a button.

is this possible?

It is about creating a record and that when you touch the "save" button, an action is executed that automatically recalculates the rows.

If I create a numeric column called "Update" and apply what is in this post to it, it works perfectly -->

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Quick-Update-System-How-to-update-records-in-you...

however, now I need to automate this action.

Can someone help me? Greetings and thanks

Solved Solved
0 8 654
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hola Gus,

You can set your newly-created action as the Form Saved action in your Form View, so that it is launched every time you save the form. 

However, if you want the action to be launched only when a new row is added, then you should configure a bot and set its trigger as Adds Only in the relevant table. 

Both work perfectly.. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can create an action and select it so that everytime you hit "save" on a form it gets executed.

This action can be the kind of "Execute an action on a set of rows" which means that you can trigger any action you want from basically anywhere and on all of the rows of a certain table, a filtered amount (by using a Filter() expression), etc

You can do a ton with this method

Muchas gracias oscar! pude solucionarlo configurando la acciรณn como acciรณn del formulario, tal como sugiere @Joseph! Un saludo gracias por tu sugerencia, vรกlida seguramente tambiรฉn.

De hecho ambos sugerimos exactamente lo mismo ๐Ÿ˜‚

Genial que lo has solucionado!

Hola Gus,

You can set your newly-created action as the Form Saved action in your Form View, so that it is launched every time you save the form. 

However, if you want the action to be launched only when a new row is added, then you should configure a bot and set its trigger as Adds Only in the relevant table. 

Both work perfectly.. 

Hola Joseph, te cuento que el problema quedรณ completamente solucionado. Lo resolvรญ mediante una acciรณn y no mediante un Bot, lo cual me parece mรกs prรกctico y, ademรกs, me aseguro que cada vez que edite se actualice (No pierdo nada).

Actualizo automaticamente de la manera que me sugeriste. La fecha se muestra ta como debe ser al inicio. Ademรกs, dejรฉ un รญcono de "actualizaciรณn manual" por cualquier cosa.

Te agradezco nuevamente un saludo y gracias por ser tan explรญcito.

I have a Action Named "Update Billing Status to Completed" I want this to execute automatically on row edit but when I create a Bot then Event I select Event Type: Data Change, Selected the relevant Table which is Order and Data Change Type I have selected Updates. Now what next is to be done how do I trigger the Action. If I use Run a Task there is no option to trigger the Action.

Please Help.

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™

I got the solution in the Step Select Run a Data Action.

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have implemented exactly the combination of an "update rows" system as well as an action on form save.

I have an app that I made this week that calculates the earnings on a certain combination of products based on a sales price, costs per item and a fee.

I have a costs table that have a concatenation of the sku and the transport route it took on that shipment (sea, air, land).

Everytime I update the costs per item it triggers an action that updates the cost per item on each one of the shipping/packing lists that are related to that particular sku.

I have a [Related ...] column that has all of the rows from where the sku is being used

FYI:  All of these "how to use in various scenarios" is covered at the bottom of the original "Quick Update System" post. 

Top Labels in this Space