Running an Email Report

Hi,

I am trying to get an email report to run for a slice. I have created a template for it, however I am wondering if my “IF” expression is wrong. I currently have it set to “ISNOTBLANK(“value_0”)” for my slice, and I am not receiving any emails when I press run. Should the value of the expression be something else.

Solved Solved
0 10 1,258
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Remove the square brackets surrounding “End”.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

What are you seeing in the Audit History as described in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961739-troubleshooting-workflow-emails

The Audit History is always the first thing to check when a workflow rule or report is failing.

It saying there is an unmatched start:

Properties:
{
“AppTemplateName”: “NewApp-983543”,
“AppId”: “7216ecbf-26d1-4a4c-bd74-8e81643585d4”,
“AppTemplateVersion”: “1.000331”,
“RuleName”: “Kensington”,
“EventType”: “Scheduled”,
“InvokedBy”: “EditorRunButton”,
“Server”: “prodv2-lb-3”,
“EventMatch”: “Workflow event successfully matched”,
“Condition”: “=ISNOTBLANK(“value_0”)”,
“MatchesCondition”: “True”,
“ActionNotPerformed”: “5 errors present.”,
“ActionResults”: “Created 1 ActionResults”,
“Action Name”: “Kensington Email”,
“RecordedAt”: “2019-07-19T20:45:32.3254283Z”,
“Errors”: “Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington Email’ Body template. Found 1 unmatched ‘Start’. They are: <p class=“c0”><span class=“c14”><<Start: FILTER(Kensington, true)>>

Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington Email’ Body template. Expression ‘Start: FILTER(Kensington, true)’ is invalid due to: Unable to find function ‘START: FILTER’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington Email’ Body template. Expression ‘OrderBy(SELECT([Patrol Action], [Time], [Tech]))’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Patrol Action’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington Email’ Body template. Start expression ‘OrderBy(SELECT([Patrol Action], [Time], [Tech]))’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington Email’ Body template. Start expression ‘OrderBy(SELECT([Patrol Action], [Time], [Tech]))’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table.”,2X_1_1931912b7ab6f436e6d86129340677de82227919.png

Above is an upload of the template I used.

You are missing the << END >> in the last cell of the row.
<<[Tech]>><< End >>

Added the <>

1. It’s saying “can not find the column [Patrol Action]” yet it is there on the table.
  2. Changed Start: FILTER to Start: Select-says do you mean ‘Select’
  3. Should generate a list of reference values-I am pulling the values from the referenced table so I don’t quite understand that one?

You may have more than one problem in your template, but that is definitely a problem.
Try fixing that problem and see if there are other problems in your template.

When you save your application in the Editor, you should choose the “Save and verify data” option.
That will ensure that the templates are verifies when you do the save.

Try the following:

1. Delete “<<Start: SELECT(Kensington[Properties], true,true)>>”
  2. Delete “<<Start:OrderBy(SELECT([Patrol Action], [Time], [Tech]))>>”
  3. Delete the two occurrences of “<< END >>” at the bottom
  4. In the first cell of the table put “<<Start: Filter(Patrol, true)>><<[Patrol Action]>>”

Made the changes and I got this error result:

Errors": “Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Found 1 unmatched ‘Start’. They are: <p class=“c19”><span class=“c6”><<Start:Filter(Patrol, true)>><<[Patrol Action>>

Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘Start:Filter(Patrol, true)’ is invalid due to: Unable to find function ‘START:FILTER’, did you mean ‘FILTER’?. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Patrol Action’ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined field. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Time]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Time’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Tech]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Tech’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[End]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘End’.”,

For reference, the slice name is Kensington
The Columns:
[Patrol Action]
[Time]
[Tech]

condition is set to ISNOTBLANK(“value_0”)

You did not remove the first << START >> or the final << END >> at the bottom of the template.
In fact, you did not follow step 4 either.

I made the changes as instructed, yet my results still ended in error:
2X_5_5d0a6dfe188423171f7acff18a5e83861910fcda.png

and I ended up with the same result after attempting to run it:

“Errors”: “Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Found 1 unmatched ‘Start’. They are: <p class=“c8”><span class=“c17”><<Start:Filter([Patrol], true)>><<[Patrol Actions]>>

Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘Start:Filter([Patrol], true)’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Patrol’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Patrol Actions]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Patrol Actions’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Time]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Time’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[Tech]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Tech’. Error: Workflow rule ‘Kensington’ action ‘Kensington’ Body template. Expression ‘[End]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘End’.”,

Remove the square brackets surrounding “End”.

Top Labels in this Space