SELECT doesn't return multiple values (list)

I’ve got this expression:

SELECT(
OrderMaandBudgetten[_ROWNUMBER],
([_THISROW].[Order ID] = [Order ID])
)

I’m looking for a list of rownumbers which correspond to the current row based on Order ID.

However, right now it returns just one rownumber. This rownumber had the right Order ID… still there are more rows with the same Order ID which it doesn’t return.

What am i missing…

Solved Solved
0 9 870
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

list doesn’t have any valid if expression. Configurations also seemed right. It’s not a slice.

However, I forgot there was a security filter on OrderMaandBudgetten, making the output valid…

Thanks @Steve. I changed the security filter and the problem is solved now!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Donny, try this please:

SELECT(
OrderMaandBudgetten[_ROWNUMBER],
([Order ID] = [_THISROW].[Order ID])
)

Hi Rafael, tried that already but still returning just one value…

That’s weird, the function is being used as stated in the documentation, the only advice i can give you is to recheck your Order ID column, but i’m pretty sure you have already done that, so i’m calling for backup @Steve

Yes. Hopefully @Steve knows the answer. Order ID column looks fine. I’m stuck at this moment

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your expression looks fine. How are you using the expression? In an App formula? In an Initial value? As part of some other expression? Please post a screenshot of the expression as it’s being used.

Please also post a screenshot of the OrderMaandBudgetten data (spreadsheet?) demonstrating multiple rows with the same Order ID value.

Hi Steve,

The expression is part of another expression. I broke down this formula and saw that this part is the bottleneck… So I tried this part of the bigger formula alone.

Below the OrderMaandBudgetten table (spreadshseet). Highlighted the full Order ID, indicating that there are three matches.

I use the expression as app formula in a virtual column (see below). As you can see circled in red, for that particular order, it just returns the first match row number 10. However, I also expect number 25 and 32.

The original formula is stated below, returning the wrong value because the select function doesn’t return multiple values.

Does the OrderMaandBudgetten table have a security filter? Or is it a slice?

Does the list column have a Valid If expression?

Please post a screenshot of the configuration screen of the list column down to and including the Type Details section.

list doesn’t have any valid if expression. Configurations also seemed right. It’s not a slice.

However, I forgot there was a security filter on OrderMaandBudgetten, making the output valid…

Thanks @Steve. I changed the security filter and the problem is solved now!

Bingo! Well done!

Top Labels in this Space