SELECT doesn't return multiple values (list)

Iโ€™ve got this expression:

SELECT(
OrderMaandBudgetten[_ROWNUMBER],
([_THISROW].[Order ID] = [Order ID])
)

Iโ€™m looking for a list of rownumbers which correspond to the current row based on Order ID.

However, right now it returns just one rownumber. This rownumber had the right Order IDโ€ฆ still there are more rows with the same Order ID which it doesnโ€™t return.

What am i missingโ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 9 871
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

list doesnโ€™t have any valid if expression. Configurations also seemed right. Itโ€™s not a slice.

However, I forgot there was a security filter on OrderMaandBudgetten, making the output validโ€ฆ

Thanks @Steve. I changed the security filter and the problem is solved now!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Donny, try this please:

SELECT(
OrderMaandBudgetten[_ROWNUMBER],
([Order ID] = [_THISROW].[Order ID])
)

Hi Rafael, tried that already but still returning just one valueโ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s weird, the function is being used as stated in the documentation, the only advice i can give you is to recheck your Order ID column, but iโ€™m pretty sure you have already done that, so iโ€™m calling for backup @Steve

Yes. Hopefully @Steve knows the answer. Order ID column looks fine. Iโ€™m stuck at this moment

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your expression looks fine. How are you using the expression? In an App formula? In an Initial value? As part of some other expression? Please post a screenshot of the expression as itโ€™s being used.

Please also post a screenshot of the OrderMaandBudgetten data (spreadsheet?) demonstrating multiple rows with the same Order ID value.

Hi Steve,

The expression is part of another expression. I broke down this formula and saw that this part is the bottleneckโ€ฆ So I tried this part of the bigger formula alone.

Below the OrderMaandBudgetten table (spreadshseet). Highlighted the full Order ID, indicating that there are three matches.

I use the expression as app formula in a virtual column (see below). As you can see circled in red, for that particular order, it just returns the first match row number 10. However, I also expect number 25 and 32.

The original formula is stated below, returning the wrong value because the select function doesnโ€™t return multiple values.

Does the OrderMaandBudgetten table have a security filter? Or is it a slice?

Does the list column have a Valid If expression?

Please post a screenshot of the configuration screen of the list column down to and including the Type Details section.

list doesnโ€™t have any valid if expression. Configurations also seemed right. Itโ€™s not a slice.

However, I forgot there was a security filter on OrderMaandBudgetten, making the output validโ€ฆ

Thanks @Steve. I changed the security filter and the problem is solved now!

Bingo! Well done!

Top Labels in this Space