SELECT has invalid inputs in virtual column make me crazy

Hi There,

I have already done successfully few SUM (SELECT...) formulas in Virtual columns but this one makes me crazy as can not get what I am doing wrong to get the "SELECT has invalid inputs" error. Have went trough the forum and google search, but seams no answer can help me...

Basically i just want to SUM the weights column from data set column basing on condition...

My string is as follows:

SUM(SELECT(TDE[Koliฤina [MT]], [Koda]="XXXX"))

Where:

- Virtual column is DECIMAL type with 3 decimal places

- [Koliฤina [MT] is DECIMAL type with 3 decimal places

- [Koda] is REF type

I have also tried to change the filter condition to a different field which is nor REF but normal text to compare with text XXXX, as I thought APPSHEET has issues with filtering REF, but had same error.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Solved Solved
0 3 1,431
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This maybe or may not be a cause of error but you may wish to think about renaming the column [Koliฤina [MT]] 

AppSheet recognizes anything in [ and ] as column name. The column name has two such notations. So App editor could be confused. You could rename the column [KoliฤinaMT] for example.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This maybe or may not be a cause of error but you may wish to think about renaming the column [Koliฤina [MT]] 

AppSheet recognizes anything in [ and ] as column name. The column name has two such notations. So App editor could be confused. You could rename the column [KoliฤinaMT] for example.

A wild guess

[] inside another may be causing the issue

I used the same column in other columns initial value formulas and has worked smooth.

BUT seams APPSHEET can use double [] for normal math like + - * and / and on SELECT it can not.

Anyhow I have changed to [Kolicina] and now it works ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks guys!

Top Labels in this Space