SHOW IF for View

Hi All. I want to look at a different table to decide if a view should be shown or not. I am using this:

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, SIN MGR) = โ€œYesโ€

So if in table Users, using the USEREMAIL() to check the table against the registered email address, if their setting for Sin MGR is "Yes", I want the view to show. But it isn't making a difference. 

0 4 61
4 REPLIES 4

@Domearian wrote:

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, SIN MGR) = โ€œYesโ€

Are you putting this condition in the Show If of the view?

I am yes. I must point out that the Position is a Ref. It works perfectly as any other part, just not as a ref.

Domearian_0-1709223968760.png

Can you please expound this?

I have a UX view with a view name "SOR Results Menu".

That UX view type is Card. The Position is set as "Ref". So it is referenced and called by an action.

Domearian_0-1709278624517.png

That action is called "Menu Data". When activated, it simply looks at the column called [Menu Item] which lists the UX View to view which is why the Position is set at Ref.

Domearian_1-1709278654008.png

In the Display section, I want it to only show if: LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, Email, SIN MGR) = โ€œYesโ€

Domearian_2-1709278772171.png

But it doesn't work. I am starting to think that "Show If" item is only for the icon, not the actual view. I state why. If someone entered that view and then saved that current URL, they could always enter that view without the need to click on the menu icon. So if you did remove someone from that view, they can still access it via the saved URL, by passing that even if the icon is removed for them at a later date.

So how can I stop someone viewing that view if using a Ref position?

Top Labels in this Space